Thursday, September 22, 2011

PG Triathlon, Part I


Recently Jon, Quin and I walked down to catch the Pacific Grove Triathlon. I was specifically interested in the Women’s Professional race at noon seeing that my friend and local Tri gal Alexis Smith was competing. Her little boy, Gabriel just turned 1, and we have commiserated on numerous occasions on the woes of getting back into shape after pregnancy, and much more. We both do most of our training on our own and both rely heavily on our parents for help with our little ones so we can train properly.
We managed to catch the start of the Triathlon and to see some of the bike portion. I was trying to catch Alexis on the bike while keeping an eye on Quin along Ocean View Boulevard. Unfortunately, he was more interested in running up and down the dirt stairs along the ocean than he was in the bike race. Sorry Alexis. I don’t know much about the triathlon, but Alexis got stuck in “no man’s land” meaning she was riding alone. I imagine it’s the same as running though, and not where you want to be on a windy day with no one around to help.  She held on for a solid fourth place finish with Gabriel there to greet her at the finish line. ... (more tomorrow)


No comments:

Post a Comment