Monday, October 10, 2011

Looking back at Minnesota race

In this week's column Blake recounts last week's third place finish at the USA 10 mile championship in Minnesota. It was a crucial race for her for several reasons:
  "It was seven years ago in Minneapolis that I raced my first marathon and won. This year’s 10 Mile Championships was on the last 10 miles of the marathon course, so I was excited to get back on it. But, aside from having a positive experience there years ago, I was desperate for another seeing that my last race was horrible. I had died a miserable death in the heat and humidity at the 20K in New Haven last month. My coach and I knew that I really needed to have a solid race before we started the long journey to the Olympic Trials in Houston."

1 comment:

  1. Blake...just ecstatic that you had such a great run! Stay confident, stay focused!

    ReplyDelete