Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A run by the shore

One of the things I miss about living in Marina are running the nearby trails that wind through the former Fort Ord. Some of them offer beautiful views of Monterey Bay. Now that Quin is around, my schedule is a little tighter and on my road runs I don't want to spend too much time driving to a starting point. Of course, living in Pacific Grove I can set off from my front door and run along the shoreline. It's a nice run from Lovers Point into Pebble Beach past the Lone Cypress. I don't stick to 17-Mile Drive (traffic can be a bit frightening) but I'll wander up through some of the neighborhoods. There are plenty of expensive, pretty houses to look at, but what I enjoy most is seeing at the natural scenery and the wildlife. There's plenty of pine trees, deer and raccoons once you wander up the hill from the shoreline. I still get out to the trails in Fort Ord. But I usually save those for the weekend when I have more time and Jon and Quin are doing their male bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment