Thursday, January 20, 2011

Where does the time go?

With less than a year to go before the Olympic marathon trials, we still have some big decisions to make. Do I run in a spring marathon (I think so), do more track races to increase my speed? In this week's column (coming in Saturday's Monterey County Herald), I'll be talking about planning for the big event, which will be in Houston. I'll warn you now, there is no leather-bound handbook for this thing. Sev, my coach Bob Sevene, makes a whole lot of adjustments depending on his gut instincts and what he sees as he watches me run. I have a whole lot of trust in Sev, after all, I've been working with him for about 11 years. Oh, and did I mention, he's had some success coaching other runners as well (Joan Benoit Samuelson). In a couple of weeks I'll be running in the national cross country championships. After that it'll be time to make some more decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment