Friday, August 26, 2011

"I think I'm scared of my car"


My sister and her husband visited last weekend to enjoy some of the activities of Classic Car week here on the Peninsula. It's easy to take this area for granted, but the events always remind me how lucky I am to live in such a wonderful and fun place. Downtown Pacific Grove was hopping, and it was impossible to do a run without a gaggle of expensive cars.
My sisters’s husband was in heaven with all the cars, and decided to attend one of the many car auctions. To my sister's surprise, they walked away with a 1965 Malibu Coup with 650 horsepower that requires racing fuel. In his words, “I think I am scared of my car.” When he pulled up to our house it sounded like a jet had landed. All the neighbors were drawn out to take a look. All I can say is that I am glad her husband did that, and not mine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment