Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh, those bunions

From Public Med Health web page: A bunion is when your big toe points toward the second toe. This causes a bump on the inside edge of your toe.
Bunions occur more commonly in women and can sometimes run in families. People born with abnormal bones in their feet are more likely to form a bunion. Wearing narrow-toed, high-heeled shoes may lead to the development of a bunion. The condition may become painful as extra bone and a fluid-filled sac grow at the base of the big toe.

I have had horrendous bunions since I was little. I remember getting a physical for sports in high school and the doctor took one look at my feet and ran out of the room. He came back in with my mom and asked her if she has seen my
feet. She took off her shoes, “Do they look like this?”
You can’t fight genetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment