Saturday, July 23, 2011

Adventures in random drug testing

After a workout last week I pulled into our driveway and saw my mom and Quin playing in the garage. He jumped on his bike just as I got out of the car and led me on a merry chase down the street.
“Quin, where are you going?”
“I go see firetrucks.”
No surprise there, we are frequent visitors to the Pacific Grove Fire Department. To make the most of the trip we swung by Pavel’s bakery so I could get a sandwich and yes, a donut.
When we arrived back home a lab tech was waiting for me to take a drug test (the infamous random drug tests elite athletes have to take). I hope she didn't smell the donut on my breath.
More about adventures in random drug testing in this week's column in the Monterey County Herald.

No comments:

Post a Comment