Friday, July 29, 2011

Training report

Even though I have not raced to get a benchmark lately, my coach is pretty good at predicting what kind of shape I'm in and is pleased with the progress we have made, particularly these last few weeks. Saturday I did a hilly tempo run for 6 miles, averaging 5 minutes and 18 seconds per mile and felt comfortable. We have been experimenting with a new course with more hills. The Marina Dunes State park has a newly paved bike path and has been working out great. It also has some of the best views of Monterey Bay.
I left Saturday’s workout feeling pleased with myself. Sunday I did a nice 18 mile run in Fort Ord, probably running a little too fast, because I had hoped to be running the Wharf to Wharf (no such luck because of a communications snafu).

No comments:

Post a Comment