Friday, December 10, 2010

Vacation motivation: A preview

A preview of Saturday's column: H ow do you make sure you keep training even when you're on vacation? Take your coach with you.
This week Team Russell (me, Quin, my husband Jon and coach Bob Sevene) went to Kauai for a vacation. It was our first official vacation since before the Beijing Olympics and, believe me, the Olympics didn't feel like a vacation.
Getting motivated to run has never been a big issue for me. When you're an elite runner you have to be internally motivated. But there are times I'm more excited about running than others.
In a recent interview with Runner's World, I mentioned how after watching the New York Marathon several years ago I was so pumped up I took a run that was a lot longer and faster than it should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment