Friday, May 13, 2011

My training home

From the time I arrived here, I've loved running in the Monterey Bay area. But sometimes I feel like training here can be a disadvantage because we almost always have perfect 50-60 degree running weather. Being a runner you do have to consider what the weather will be like at your main competition. I went to the Beijing Olympics with enough time to acclimate to the heat and humidity, but for the most part, I get more out of training in a familiar environment, having my family and coach close, and staying in a good routine.
Luckily for me, the Olympic marathon trials will be in Houston in late January. Barring a freak heat wave or snow storm, the temperatures during the race should be between 45 and 60 degrees, which is great for a marathon. Monterey will be the perfect place to train for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment