Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ah, memories

It’s funny, but I don’t remember too many specifics about my races, but I do remember the comradery, the fun and the laughs.

I remember a high school teammate running so hard during a cross country race he closed his eyes on the final stretch. He ran into a tree. My coach picked him up and threw him in the right direction yelling “Run, (expletive), Run!”

In college I remember a teammate struggling through a steeplechase race. With a lap to go, he fell over a barrier but got up and ran to the next hurdle only to fall again. Exhausted, he limped to the last barrier and caught his foot and went down a third time. He then muttered something and stepped off the track in disgust. Luckily, there was a video caught the entire sequence and I can assure you it was brought out countless times at parties for a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment