Friday, June 3, 2011

A summer plan

I have always wanted to go race in Europe for the summer. I worked for years to get fast enough to make it worthwhile competing on that circuit. Unfortunately, once I did reach an elite level my work schedule or an injury would keep me in the good ol' USA.
I have thought about trying to get in a few track races this summer in preparation for the January's Olympic Marathon Trials, but the thought of leaving Quin for over a month is too daunting. I even kicked around the idea of bringing both Quin and Sev along, but I think that might be too much to ask of my coach. Handling Quin has been quite a challenge lately. I was hoping the terrible 2 syndrome was just a myth.
Though Europe is not in the cards this year, I plan on doing some road races this summer as preparation for the marathon trials. They may not be as exciting as running in a huge stadium packed with fans, but I am looking forward to toeing the line again.

No comments:

Post a Comment